Friday, December 23, 2011

Don't Forget This When You Head Out the Door...


[Source: Google Sunscreen]

       Sunscreen is much needed now at a time when the sun seems to be hotter than ever. And yes by that I mean the summer time but also the winter. Sunscreen should be used all year round and even on days when the sun is hiding. I myself have dark spots and I have struggled with them since my first pimple came about. I researched ways for me to get rid of them without the harsh chemicals involved and the only product that will work to prevent dark spots from darkening is sunscreen. Since I love to use homemade treatments to fade dark marks, the sunscreen acts as a barrier to prevent further darkening when I go outside.

       The sunscreen I use is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ and I use this SPF just to have a extra protection for my face. I apply this before I put on moisturizer because I find that the sunscreen leaves a whitish tint on my face when applied after moisturizer. I was using it in the summer time every single day along with some homemade mask and treatments I was making on the regular. The combination of those plus my Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 made my dark spots lighten significantly over the course of a few months. When school started again I did not keep up with my regimen and did not put sunscreen on like I should so newer dark spots remain the same pigment. I plan to get back on track so that my spots will have disappeared by the time summer rolls around. I will keep you guys updated with my daily regimens and homemade treatments as well as progress of my skin.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment